Wednesday, December 11, 2013
(Continued from page 1)
TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
On the Move runs Tuesdays and Sundays. Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland, ME 04104, or email to email@example.com. Items generally will run seven to 14 days after they are received. Pictures must be submitted using the jpeg format and sent as attachments.
Deqa Dhalac, human service counselor at the city of Portland, was also recently appointed to the Avesta board for a three-year term.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• Roger Putnam of Portland, an attorney at Verrill Dana, recently celebrated 55th years of practicing law at the firm.
• Ellie Baker, managing principal of Baker Newman Noyes, and her husband, Tom Saturley, president and owner of Tranzon Auction Properties, were honored with the American Heart Association's 2013 Crystal Heart Award. Baker and Saturley are both active in the community and involved with many charitable organizations, including the American Heart Association. Saturley has served as auctioneer for the American Heart Association.
• Scott Kelly, president of Enterprise Trenchless Technologies Inc., was named Equipment World's 2013 Contractor of the Year. Kelly of Lisbon Falls was one of 12 contractors from all over the country nominated for the award.
• The Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce will recognize the Ellsworth American with its Top Drawer Award at its annual meeting next month. "The Ellsworth American is one of the most prominent and defining businesses in our community. The newspaper has touched the lives of practically everyone in some capacity or another," Tony Cameron, executive director of the chamber, said in a news release.
• The Breast Health Program at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center is one of only four centers in Maine and only 40 breast centers in New England to receive accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. Accreditation is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care. The centers must undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
• DiMillo's Yacht Sales is opening a brokerage office at Front Street Shipyard in Belfast. DiMillo's will occupy 600 square feet of waterfront office space, with both land space and dockage to display brokerage yachts, as well as new Sabres and Back Cove boats. The new office will open May 1.