Monday, April 21, 2014
• Elizabeth Astor, April Ylvisaker and George E. Hissong joined the board of directors for PORTopera.
Astor is a retired elementary school teacher who is now a managing partner at Baxter Place LLC in Portland.
Ylvisaker is a senior financial adviser with the Honan Group at Merrill Lynch.
Hissong is part of the Hissong Group of Southern Maine and Seacoast New Hampshire.
• The policy committee of the Portland Area Comprehensive Transportation System elected new leadership for the coming year.
David Marshall, Portland city councilor, was elected chairman through June 2014.
David Tripp, a city councilor in Saco, was elected vice chairman through June 2014.
• Kelly McDonald was named a partner of Murray, Plumb & Murray.
McDonald joined the firm in 2005. He litigates different types of cases in state and federal court such as commercial, real estate, construction disputes, land use, bankruptcy and products liability litigation.
• Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution recently promoted Michael Jean and Stephanie Paquet to assistant vice presidents. Amy Dugal-Smith, Matt Grenier, William Hoyle and Lisa Upton were promoted to officers.
Jean, of Sanford, joined SBSI in 2009 as a commercial lending officer.
Paquet, of Saco, joined SBSI in 2009 as a retail retirement program manager. In 2010, she assumed the duties of deposit support manager.
Dugal-Smith, of Arundel, joined SBSI in 2008 as a network support specialist.
Grenier, of Saco, joined the bank in 2008 as a teller and recently served as a customer relationship officer.
Hoyle, of Saco, joined the bank in 2009 as a teller and recently worked as a customer relationship officer.
Upton, of South Portland, joined the bank in 2001 as a teller and later became a business operations specialist.
• Jonathan Brogan, of Norman, Hanson & DeTroy, LLC, was named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
Brogan, of Cape Elizabeth, is chair of the Norman Hanson & DeTroy litigation practice group and has been a trial attorney for more than 20 years.
• Charles "Dakota" McCabe, of Q-Team Tree Service in Naples, earned his Maine state Arborist license.
McCabe lives in North Waterford, and has worked at Q-Team since the spring of 2012.
• Greater Brunswick Physical Therapy has moved to the Red Mill at 11 Bowdoin Mill Island, suite 220 in Topsham.
The new location features private treatment rooms, a fully equipped gym, and an expanded reception area. The new office overlooks the Androscoggin River.
• Sean Norton, Esq., an attorney at Pine Tree Legal Assistance in Augusta, was named a John S. Nolan Fellow by the American Bar Association Section of Taxation.
The distinction is awarded to young lawyers who are actively involved in the section and have shown leadership qualities.
Norton is currently serving a two-year Public Service Fellowship from the American Bar Association Section of Taxation at Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
• Dream Local Digital, a digital marketing agency assisting small business clients with social media, email, search marketing services has opened its third office at the Casco Bay Tech Hub in Portland.