Wednesday, April 23, 2014
TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
On the Move runs Tuesdays and Sundays. Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland, ME 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com. Pictures must be submitted using the jpeg format and sent as attachments.
• Jacob Gold recently joined The Maine Real Estate Network in South Portland as a sales agent. Gold, of Portland, specializes in commercial real estate and multifamily properties. He previously worked for the New York City Department of Environmental Protection. Gold can be reached at jacobg@themainereal estatenetwork.com.
• Michael Michaud joined Synernet Inc. as its senior director of information technology. Michaud, of South Portland, has 19 years of experience in the IT field. Previously, he worked for Delhaize America Shared Services LLC dba Hannaford Bros. Co.
• Timothy May joined Thornton Oaks Retirement Community as the director of facilities management. May, of Brunswick, was previously director of facilities for the South Portland Housing Authority. He also worked at Bath Iron Works for more than 20 years.
• Noel Sullivan was hired to serve as executive director of Pine Tree Society. Sullivan has 25 years of experience in clinical and administrative leadership roles.
• Kevin Grogan, Abel Plaud, Shane Kirk and Mike Leathem joined Fluid Imaging Technologies Inc. in Yarmouth.
Grogan, of Kennebunk, was hired as a production manager. He previously worked as fabrication supervisor at Westinghouse Electric in Newington, N.H.
Plaud, of Portland, was hired as a laboratory and technical customer support technician. He was previously a ranger in Acadia National Park.
Kirk, of Durham, was hired as a senior software engineer. He comes from Delorme in Yarmouth, where he worked as senior software engineer.
Leathem, of Brownfield, was hired as a senior product engineer. He previously worked as production manager at Ceramco Inc. in Conway, N.H.
• Jon Doyle, an Augusta attorney, was elected president of Women Unlimited. Doyle previously served as deputy attorney general of Maine and as legal counsel for the Maine Legislature. He currently serves on numerous boards and committees such as the board of directors for the United Way of Mid Coast Maine, Jobs for Maine's Graduates and the Maine State Museum Commission.
• Barbara Tuttle was promoted to assistant vice president and manager at Bath Savings Institution's Yarmouth branch. Tuttle, of Pownal, joined the bank in 1998 and was assistant branch manager in Freeport.
• Karen Roach joined Diversified Business Communications as a database administrator. Roach was previously employed with Maine Medical Partners, Scarborough.
• David Hamilton was elected vice president of Clark Insurance. Hamilton, of Gorham, is a stockholder in the agency and leads the employee benefits group. He has more than 25 years of experience in the insurance business and served as president of Hamilton & Associates before selling his business to Clark Insurance.