Tuesday, March 11, 2014
(Continued from page 1)
• Andy Beahm was elected president of the board of trustees of Maine Audubon. Beahm has worked for L.L. Bean for the past 27 years and currently serves as vice president-internal audit and assistant treasurer. Melissa Culllina, Tilsley Kelly, Ric McKittrick and William "Chip" Weickert were recently appointed trustees. Cullina is the director of education and staff botanist for Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay. Kelly is vice president of the Sprague Corp. and oversees the preservation and management of the Sprague family property in Cape Elizabeth and Scarborough. McKittrick serves "of counsel" to the firm McKittrick and Warren in Portland. Weickert is managing director at HM Payson and chair of the Portfolio Management Group.
• David Soule Jr. was elected to serve as chairman of the board of directors for The First Bancorp, holding company for The First, N.A. Soule has served as a director of the company and the bank since 1989.
• Don Briggs was selected to join the American Board of Trial Advocates. Briggs specializes in helping victims of car accidents, medical malpractice and other personal injury negligence cases.
• Sterling Kozlowski and Lawrence Wold were elected to the board of directors for The Foundation for Maine's Community Colleges. Kozlowski is regional sales executive and market president of KeyCorp's New England District. Wold is Maine market president for TD Bank. He has almost 30 years of commercial lending experience in Maine.
• Daniel McGarvey, senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer for The MEMIC Group, was elected to serve on the medical data call research committee for the National Council on Compensation Insurance, Inc. McGarvey joined MEMIC in 2009 as senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• MEMIC Group announced that 16 employees earned the Workers' Comp Professional designation, awarded by the American Society of Workers' Comp Professionals. Those employees are: Tom Bernier, Karen Barter, Joeline D'Anjou, Joanna DeBie, Karen Flaherty, Eileen Fongemie, Dawn Freeland, Susan Fusillo, Brian Gilles, Steve Hughes, Karen Johnston, Maria Jones, Jerry Mocciola, Steve Prue, Rod Stanley and Joanne Wohl.
• Laskoff & Associates is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. Founded in 1983 by Robert A. Laskoff, the firm represents clients in personal injury, workers' compensation, family, and business litigation matters.