Sunday, April 20, 2014
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
ON THE MOVE runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, The Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland, ME 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com.
ITEMS GENERALLY will run seven to 14 days after they are received. Pictures must be submitted in jpeg format and sent as attachments.
• Casey Mountain has joined the Mortgage Network Inc., of Portland, as a loan officer.
Mountain is a graduate of Mortgage Network Inc.'s Mortgage Bankers in Training Program. He holds a B.A. in Communications from The University of Southern Maine
• Dr. Rudy Mueller, an independent chiropractic care practioner, has joined True North of Falmouth and is now accepting new patients.
Mueller has advanced training in movement assessment, rehabilitation, nutrition and functional medicine. He also is a Functional Movement Specialist. He offers chiropractic care that includes movement assessment, soft tissue techniques, chiropractic manipulation and rehabilitation recommendations.
• Kathy Leeman has joined the Legacy Properties Sotheby's International Realty team as vice president of operations.
Leeman brings 35 years of knowledge and experience to the position. She also has a strong entrepreneurial background having founded and run maritime businesses.
• Laura T. Everett has been named a manager to the Albin, Randall & Bennett certified public accounting firm of Portland.
Everett provides audit and business advisory consulting services primarily to auto dealerships, Buy-Here Pay-Here finance companies, credit unions and non-profits. Prior to joining ARB, Everett had a career in private accounting with a Maine-based auto dealership. She is a member of Albin, Randall & Bennett's Business Development and Recruiting Teams.
• Danielle Dyer, Marie Whitney and Melissa Lizotte have joined Diversified Business Communications.
Dyer, who was previously employed with SmartHome Solutions Inc. of Kennebunk, will serve as a marketing administrator. Whitney, who was previously employed with City of Keene, N.H., also will serve as a marketing administrator.
Lizotte will serve as a human resources administrator. She was previously employed with OA Centers for Orthopaedics in Portland.
• Michelle Luce has taken on a new role as customer service manager at People's United Bank's Westbrook office.
Luce will be responsible for overall management of customer experience and profitability, including direct supervision and development of the customer service staff and all operational aspects of the branch.
Luce returns to the Westbrook office, where she worked for 10 years prior to serving customers at the Windham office.
• Gerald G. Lachance, D.O., a family medicine physician, has been appointed to the Central Maine Medical Center Medical staff. He is practicing at Minot Avenue Family Medicine in Auburn.
A Lewiston native, Lachance returned to Maine recently after practicing in Florida for more than 10 years. Prior to beginning his work in the greater Lewiston-Auburn area, he practiced at Northwest Florida Primary Care in Destin, Fla. His work in Florida included nearly three years at Healthpoint Medical Group in Panama City. He also worked for nearly three years with Primecare of Northwest Florida, also in Panama City, where he served as medical director.
He is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, and is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
• Society for Marketing Professional Services Northern New England has appointed the following individuals to its board for 2013-14: Chapter President Jennifer Booth, CPSM, Marketing and Business Development Specialist, S. W. Cole Engineering, Inc., Somersworth, N.H.; Immediate Past President Allison Sovetsky, CPSM, Marketing Manager, WEX Inc., South Portland; Secretary Jill Marsano, CFO, Aldrich + Elliott, Essex Junction, Vt.; Treasurer Kathryn Dionne, Marketing Manager, SMRT Inc., Portland; Director-at-Large Brent Bridges, PE, Senior Project Manager and Senior Vice President, Woodard & Curran, Portland; and Director-at-Large Wally Shedd, PE, Geotechnical Department Manager, Terracon Consultants LLC, Manchester, N.H.
• Kathleen Porter, Marketing Manager for the H. L. Turner Group of Concord, N.H., will serve as program assistant and Mike Sears, senior marketing coordinator for RDK Engineers of Andover, Mass., will lead the chapter's sponsorship efforts.