Friday, December 13, 2013
• Jeff Blackwell joined the Portland Press Herald as an online content producer.
Blackwell, of Yarmouth, is an award-winning multimedia journalist. He comes to the Press Herald from the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, a Gannett Co. He was also a sports writer for USA Today in Washington, D.C, a bureau chief at The Leader in Corning, N.Y., and a reporter for the Topics Suburban Newspapers in Indianapolis.
• Amy Bowen was hired at Allen Insurance and Financial.
Bowen joined the firm's Belfast branch with a focus on business insurance. Most recently, she was an assistant branch manager at Bangor Savings Bank in Belfast.
• Lindsay Brockett and Crystal Card joined People's United Bank in Brunswick.
Brockett was hired as a customer service manager.
Card was hired as a financial services manager. She is studying marketing at St. Joseph's College of Maine and volunteers at the Freeport Community Center.
• Sandy Couch-Kelly was named president of the Junior League of Portland.
Couch-Kelly, of Falmouth, is co-founder of the Maine Neurotherapy Center and has over 20 years of experience as a clinical social worker. She serves on the Colby-Sawyer College President's Alumni Advisory Council and is the former president of the board for the Westbrook Community Food & Resource Center.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Baker Newman Noyes' managing principal, Ellie Baker, was recognized last week with the University of New England's 52nd Annual Deborah Morton Award for "her demonstrated leadership as a Maine businesswoman and as a role model for future generations," the news release said.
Baker is co-founder of Baker Newman Noyes and is an active member of the Maine community, serving as trustee on numerous boards.