The Area Manager oversees and manages all aspects of Home Delivery associated with a given geographical area including contracting and managing all independent contractors (carriers), and supervising Field Service Representatives assigned to a given are. Efforts result in excellent customer service and maximized net paid circulation.
This critical, internal and external customer facing role requires someone who enjoys working at night and early mornings, is detail-oriented, customer-focused, can motivate and lead a team of carriers and field reps to meet customer-driven deadlines, has strong communication skills and works well with little supervision.
Because this can be a physically demanding job, the successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment physical screening, as well as have a valid driver’s license, automobile with proof of insurance and an excellent driving record.
Does this sound like you? The we want to hear from you! Please include a cover letter with your resume submission.
To review a full job description and to apply, click HERE
To learn more about Maine Today Media, click HERE
Oversees and manages all aspects of Home Delivery associated with a given geographical area. Contracts and manages all Independent Contractors in a given geographical area. Supervises Field Service Representatives assigned to a given area. Efforts result in excellent customer service and maximized net paid circulation.
1. Recruits and contracts individuals as Independent Contractor Home Delivery carriers.
2. Communicates daily with Independent Contractors to ensure compliance with contract guidelines and that contractors are meeting established service standards.
3. Assess home delivery routes to ensure they are of appropriate size to provide adequate profit margins, meet established service standards, and to allow for circulation growth.
4. Work with circulation management and marketing in the implementation of service and carrier retention programs.
5. Assists in keeping RCD operating expenses with budget.
6. Supervises all aspects of Field Service Representatives. Provides leadership and encourages teamwork resulting in achievement of goals.
7. Communicates with customers and colleagues in a timely and professional manner that meets or exceeds customer service expectation.
8. Completes all paperwork and prioritizes work to meet deadlines.
MTMA employees are held accountable to four core values. These values will set the baseline standards for individual job performance, as it relates to the essential functions and competencies of the position.
1. Excellence in work – Demonstrates commitment to performing work at the highest standards.
2. Embraces innovation- Embraces change and demonstrates dedication to continuous improvement to drive business results.
3. Exceeds customer expectations – Demonstrates the highest possible customer service (both internal and external).
4. Collaborates as a team member – Recognizes that all departments contribute to the goals of the organization.
MTM is an EEO employer
MaineToday Media is an EEO Employer