We have two openings for a part-time (approx 25 hrs/wk) Field Service Representatives in our Saco and Bath depots, one full time position (approx. 37.5 hrs/wk) in EACH of our South Portland and Augusta Facilities. Pay includes mileage reimbursement.
The Field Reps play a critical role in supporting the Circulation Department’s operations by providing quality customer service to route managers, Independent Contractors, and other internal and external customers in delivery and regional circulation support areas.
Our successful field reps are night owls who enjoy working independently, providing excellent customer service to our subscribers. They have reliable transportation, are dependable and manage their time efficiently.
Because this can be a physical job, field reps must pass a pre-employment physical screening. Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license are required. Computer competence and prior delivery experience is handy. High school diploma or equivalent.
Our reps welcome a challenge and enjoy being on a winning, innovative team. You can, too. Apply online by clicking on the position title below.
- Newspapers and related products are distributed accurately, complete and in a timely manner allowing Independent Contractors to deliver all newspapers by established delivery deadlines.
- Open routes are delivered complete, by delivery deadlines and within the service standards.
- Subscribers and Dealer outlets receive replacement newspapers within appropriate time parameters.
- Performs Independent Contractor orientations that result in the Independent Contractor having the knowledge to fulfill all contractual obligations.
- Assists Area Manager with Independent Contractor communication regarding all aspects of customer service and contractual obligations.
- Assists with routine administrative tasks as directed by the Area Manager.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Performs minor cleaning and trash removal within the RCD as directed by the Area Manager.
- Technical skills including:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Outlook
- Proficiency with circulation management systems
- Results driven
- Takes initiative
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Responsive and follows tasks through to completion
- Team player and collaborator
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent, some computer knowledge and previous delivery experience is preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license, automobile with proof of insurance and an excellent driving record.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Must pass pre-placement post offer screening demonstrating the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and negotiate multiple stairs. Position requires driving, sitting, walking and carrying materials.
Learn more about Maine Today Media