January 12, 2015
A McArthur Library photograph shows two of Thornton Academy’s campus at the turn of the 20th century.
December 29, 2014
A McArthur Library photograph of Biddeford’s tercentenary parade in 1916 shows one of the city’s Main Street mill buildings under construction.
December 22, 2014
A news photograph from 1959 shows a row of handsome triple-deckers in East Bayside, shortly before the area was bulldozed for urban renewal.
December 15, 2014
Gorham’s old Free Meeting House, today an art gallery for the University of Southern Maine’s Gorham campus, as it looked in 1961.
December 1, 2014
A 1940 news photograph shows the Lancaster Block, one of the historic brick office buildings in Portland’s Monument Square.
November 24, 2014
A 1946 news photograph shows the building that now houses Renys in downtown Portland when it first opened, as the F.W. Woolworth department store.
November 17, 2014
A snapshot of a downtown Portland intersection before urban renewal.
November 3, 2014
A Press Herald archive photo depicts a busy day at a small neighborhood grocery store located in Portland’s Morrill’s Corner neighborhood.
September 22, 2014
Heavy damage was caused to Bill’s Cafe and lesser damage to Talbot’s flower shop.
September 15, 2014
Maine’s Animal Refuge League used to be headquartered at 1 Pleasant St., shown in this 1956 Press Herald photograph.