Monday, December 9, 2013
PORTLAND — Free dental care will be provided this Friday to any adult who is unable to afford regular dental care.
Dental services will be provided at 11 locations in Buxton, Cumberland, Gorham, Portland, Scarborough, South Portland and Yarmouth, as part of the third annual “Dentists Who Care for Me” day.
A total of 32 dentists agreed to participate. The event is sponsored by the Greater Portland Dental Society.
“This is the largest group of volunteer dentists so far,” said Dr. Demi Kouzounas, who helped organize the event. “We’re thrilled to see the program growing.”
Last year, Dentists Who Care for Me treated over 600 people. Free care will include one treatment that may involve cleanings, fillings, or extractions.
If a person is deemed to need more serious dental work such as a root canal, an extraction or a front tooth partial, they will be given a voucher and referred to a specialist.
More than 20 dental specialists have agreed to participate in this year’s free dental care program.
Services will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. Appointments will not be needed. Persons seeking care are encouraged to arrive at the dental office when doors open at 8 a.m.
Here is the list of participating dentists and the hours they will be available:
• Gentle Dental, 440 Narragansett Trail, Buxton, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Dr. Michael Frost, 323 Main St., Cumberland Center, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Morgan Dental Care, 94 Main St., Gorham, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Dr. Alan Chebuske and Dr. Catalina Atienza, 110 Auburn St., Portland, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• North Deering Dental Associates, 1334 Washington Ave., Portland, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Ravin Dental, 40 Hannaford Drive, Scarborough, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Dunstan Dental Center, 618 U.S. Route One, Suite 4, Scarborough, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Dr. James Ortengren, 463 Cottage Road, South Portland, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Dr. Stephen Palmer and Jonathan Shinay, 265 Westbrook St., South Portland, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Aspen Dental, 1717 Maine Mall Road, South Portland, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Bayview Dental, 70 Bayview St., Yarmouth, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.