March 25, 2013

Cat blamed for NH apartment fire

LACONIA, N.H. — A cat is being blamed for a two-alarm fire in an apartment in Laconia.

Fire Chief Kenneth Erickson says the fire started at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday after a cat knocked over a lamp inside a bedroom.

Erickson told WMUR-TV the apartment house had working smoke detectors and everybody made it out safe, but two cats and a bird weren't so lucky. He says the building suffered extensive damage but isn't beyond repair.

Red Cross officials say four families were displaced by the fire, three of which are being helped by the Red Cross.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)