August 9, 2012

Fire destroys Naples home

By David Hench dhench@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

Fire destroyed a home at 14 Hawthorne Road in Naples om Thursday.

The accidental fire, ignited by something left on the stove, was burning through the roof of the single-story home when the first fire company arrived at 9:45 a.m., said Fire Chief Chris Pond.

Firefighters from Sebago, Baldwin, Casco and Harrison helped fight the fire, which was brought under control in an hour. Firefighters remained on scene for about four hours making sure it was out, Pond said.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire and nobody was injured fighting it, he said.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)