January 9, 2013

Fire in Sanford cinema is quickly extinguished

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

SANFORD — Several employees of Smitty’s Cinema had to be evacuated from the Main Street theater Wednesday after a fire broke out on a kitchen stove.

Sanford Fire Chief Jeff Rowe said the fire did not affect any patrons because afternoon matinees had not started.

The fire which was reported just before 3 p.m. was extinguished within a matter of minutes, and did not extend beyond the kitchen area, Rowe said.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)