Friday, December 6, 2013
The Associated Press
SOUTH BERWICK — Fire officials say a fire in the arts center at Berwick Academy has been put out.
South Berwick Fire Chief George Gorman says students at the private school were rehearsing for a production of "Les Miserables" when the theater curtain caught fire. He says a light set too close the curtain caused the blaze.
The sprinkler system put out the fire. Gorman says fire damaged the stage, curtains and electrical system and water caused other damage.