December 6, 2012

Firefighters bring Buxton garage fire under control

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

BUXTON — A Thursday night fire at a commercial garage in Buxton caused extensive damage to the business and threatened a nearby mobile home.

But no injuries were reported and crews from several towns had the fire at the Pine Tree Garage, 1335 Long Plains Road, under control by 11 p.m.

The greatest challenge faced by firefighters was getting water - there are no hydrants at that location.

Buxton Fire Chief Nathan Schools told WGME-TV that crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading to a nearby mobile home. The fire proved to be tricky because there is gasoline and tires stored on the property.

Firefighters from eight towns helped Buxton fight the fire, which was reported at 8:20 p.m.

The Pine Tree Garage services vehicles and sells used cars.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)