Tuesday, December 10, 2013
The Associated Press
BOWDOIN — A man Maine man is in fair condition after suffering serious injuries in a weekend fireworks in accident.
An official says 62-year-old William Sawyer had placed some fireworks on a picnic table to test them when a shell tipped over and ignited all of the canisters.
Sgt. Joel Davis of the state Fire Marshal's Office told WLBZ-TV that Sawyer suffered severe leg trauma.
Davis says Sawyer didn't follow the directions, which say the shells should be secured to the ground.