May 21, 2013

Phippsburg house fire quickly brought under control

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

PHIPPSBURG — A fire that broke out in a Small Point summer cottage late Tuesday night was quickly brought under control by local firefighters.

Fire Chief James Totman said the fire, which destroyed an interior wall, was caused by an electrical malfunction.

Totman said the fire, which was reported at 8:30 p.m., was under control by 10 p.m. No injuries were reported.

The home, which was occupied when the fire started, is located on Shore Road near Head Beach.

The cottage sustained some water and smoke damage but should be liveable, Totman said.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)