December 18, 2012

Propane leak prompts evacuation of Windham Walmart

From staff reports

WINDHAM — A propane leak prompted the evacuation of a Walmart store here late Tuesday afternoon.

The problem was caused by a faulty heating unit that caused propane to go into the building, according to Donnie Durrah, a Cumberland County dispatch supervisor.

No one was injured in the incident. People were allowed back into the building after the Fire Department and propane company dealt with the leak, Durrah said.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors

Further Discussion

Here at we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)