February 24, 2013

Second floor damaged in Cumberland house fire

The second floor of a single family house at 292 Blanchard Rd. in Cumberland was heavily damaged by a fire early Sunday morning.

Cumberland Fire Chief Daniel Small said the fire started in a metal chimney attached to a wood stove at about 1 a.m. The occupants and their cat escaped unharmed.

Small said it took 25 firefighters a half hour to contain the blaze.

One firefighter slipped and fell but was not seriously hurt, Small said.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors

Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)