Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The Associated Press
NEW LIMERICK — Maine State Police say a utility worker has died after apparently being electrocuted by exposed power lines in New Limerick.
Police say 44-year-old Mark Miles, an employee of Eastern Maine Electric, had been called to a power outage on Friday.
Authorities say he was found unresponsive near some exposed power lines at a private residence.
Police say Miles was taken by ambulance to the Houlton Regional Hospital. Police say it appeared that he had died from coming into contact with the power lines.