Sunday, March 9, 2014
By Christian MilNeil firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Content Producer
Portland's Woodfords Corner, on May 12, 1947. Forest Avenue is the main street in the foreground, and Deering Avenue is seen on the right side of the photograph.
Courtesy of Portland Public Library Special Collections & Archives.
The Portland Room of the Portland Public Library is in the process of organizing and conserving the archival collection of original Portland Press Herald, Maine Sunday Telegram and Evening Express photographic negatives — a major collection that spans from 1937 to 2005. Find more photos at www.pressherald.com/flashback/.