August 23, 2013

Trenton man pleads not guilty to slaying

The Associated Press

ELLSWORTH — A Maine man police say killed another man, withdrew money from the victim's bank account, drove the victim's car and even told some people he was the other man has pleaded not guilty to murder.

WABI-TV reports that William Morse of Trenton entered his plea Thursday in Hancock County court.

Prosecutors allege the 43-year-old Morse killed 61-year-old Richard Bellittieri last year. The victim's remains were found earlier this month near his Trenton home and an autopsy determined he had been shot four times, including twice in the head.

Authorities say Morse had Bellittieri's Social Security card, driver's license, and bank cards.

Morse's lawyer has previously said there is no evidence that his client shot the victim.

Authorities have not offered a possible motive for the killing.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)