Saturday, December 7, 2013
(Continued from page 1)
• (From the north): Take Casco Bay Bridge to Route 77 South. Follow into Cape Elizabeth. Watch for and follow flaggers and signs at intersections along Route 77 for directions to start and Sprague Fields parking.
PARKING: Parking for runners will be at Sprague Fields, at Fowler and Ram Island Farm roads. Runners are encouraged to carpool and arrive early. There is no parking for runners at Fort Williams. Fort Williams parking will be restricted to sponsors, press, volunteers, staff and a limited number of spectators.
Parking spaces will be available again this year at Cape Elizabeth High/Middle School on a first-come basis. Runners will be shuttled from the Middle School to the start between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. and back to the start area and school parking lots from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For the second year, satellite parking and shuttle bus services to the start line will be provided from two locations outside Cape Elizabeth – parking lots at South Portland High and the Hannaford corporate offices in Scarborough. Shuttle buses will run from these locations to the start from 6:30 to 7:15 a.m., and return to these locations after the race.
DROP-OFF AREA: Runners can be dropped off at Gull Crest Fields on Spurwink Avenue, .5 miles from the Route 77 and Spurwink intersection (Spurwink Church).
BAGGAGE BUSES: There will be five baggage buses at the start. Plastic bags will be available for runners on race morning. Those bags will be tagged and transported to the finish area for pickup.
PARKING/SHUTTLE BUSES: At the end of the race, shuttle buses will operate from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You must leave by 1 p.m. in order to catch a shuttle back to the start.
AT THE START: Bottled water will be available at the start along Route 77 and at each water stop along the course. Portable toilets will be placed along Route 77 from the parking area to the start. Runners are asked to “self-seed” according to skill level.
AWARDS CEREMONY: Begins at 10 a.m. at Fort Williams, at the top of the flagpole hill.
CASH PRIZES: Awarded to the top 10 men and women in open race:
1. $10,000; 2. $5,000; 3. $3,000; 4. $2,000; 5. $1,000; 6. $900; 7. $800, 8. $700; 9. $600; 10. $500.
• Awarded to top three male and female masters (40 and older):
1. $1,000; 2. $500; 3. $250.
• Awarded to top three male and female wheelchair athletes:
1. $1,000; 2. $500; 3. $250.
• Awarded to top five finishers among Maine men and women:
1. $1,000; 2. $500; 3. $250; 4. $200; 5. $100.
• Awarded to top three male and female seniors (50 and older):
1. $500; 2. $250; 3. $100.
• There are also course-record bonuses: $2,500 for open runners, $500 for Maine runners.
AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Awarded to the top five males and females in following divisions – 14-and-under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-and-over.