Monday, December 9, 2013
1. Falmouth: The Yachtsmen have the talent and experience to contend for a second consecutive Class B state championship.
Ted Hart was Greely’s leading scorer last year and is part of a strong junior class for the Rams.
John Ewing/2011 Press Herald file
2. Scarborough: The Red Storm have the talent and depth to contend for a second straight trip to the Western Class A final.
3. Gorham: The senior-laden Rams have enough experience to make a deep run in the Western Class A tournament.
4. Mt. Ararat: An experienced lineup will keep the Eagles right in the thick of the race in Eastern Class A.
5. Windham: A tight-knit group of seniors should keep the defending Class A champions in contention.
6. Yarmouth: Speed and youth will make the Clippers a team to reckon with in Western Class B.
7. Greely: A strong junior class provides the backbone of a solid squad.
8. Deering: A young, talented group of players could make the Rams a factor in Western Class A.
9. Waynflete: A solid core of veterans should keep the Flyers in contention for another Class C state title.
10. York: The Wildcats have enough speed and savvy in the lineup to contend for a second consecutive trip to the Western Class B final.
-- Paul Betit, Staff Writer