Friday, March 7, 2014
• Jason McIntire aced the fifth hole at Willowdale Golf Club on June 30. He used a 5-iron for the 192-yard shot, witnessed by Walt McCallister and Tom Joyce.
The Team Xtreme ASA softball team finished its inaugural season by winning the Last Roast tournament in Lowell, Mass., earning its third title in five tournaments. The team comprises players from Westbrook, Portland, Kennebunk and Scarborough. Pictured from left to right, front row: Logan Tibbetts, Kali Cyr, Lyndsey Gregoire, and Kylie Manter. Back row: Jessica Brown, Britney Gregoire, Mia Kelley, Cameron Lapierre, Madison Lebeau, Morgan Kelly and Sarah Berube.
The Maine Lightning U13 baseball recently reached the semifinals of the Sunset Classic Tournament at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Team members, from left to right: Front row – Aidan Smith and Garrett Aube of Falmouth; Alex McKenney of Bangor; Colby Emmertz, Jacob Preston and Griffin Aube of Falmouth; Griffin Watson of Portland; AJ Eisenhart of Cumberland; and Casey Sudbeck of Hampden; Back – Brendan Tinsman of Cape Elizabeth.
TO SUBMIT NEWS
• Photos should be sent in .jpg format, and all emails should be sent to email@example.com.
• Please include your name and a phone number for verification.
• Charles Pfeffer carded a hole-in-one on the 186-yard 15th hole at the Purpoodock Club on Aug. 16. Pfeffer used a 2-iron for the shot, witnessed by Daryll Coates, Richard Pfeffer and Eric Harrison.
• David Parker used a 9-iron to make a hole-in-one on the 134-yard fourth hole at Portland Country Club on Aug. 17. The shot was witnessed by Art Batson Jr., Joe Bruno and Bob Harmon.
• Paul Smith made a hole-in-one on the seventh hole at Willowdale Golf Club on Aug. 17. He used a 4-hybrid for the 156-yard shot. His playing partners were Rob Langlois, Chandler Langlois and Connor Langlois.
• Charlie Plourde aced the 17th hole at Gorham Country Club on Aug. 17. He used an 8-iron for the 141-yard shot, witnessed by Mike Murphy, Gary Fifield and Ron Jersey.
• John McLean used a 3-wood to ace the 185-yard sixth hole at Riverside North on Aug. 18.
He was in a foursome with Arthur Winship, George Milliken and Fred Fasulo.
• John Morin recorded a hole-in-one Aug. 25 on the 159-yard 11th hole at Sable Oaks, using a 5-iron. It was witnessed by Richard Murphy and Mike Murphy.
• Rick Bourget made his second career hole-in-one, acing the 216-yard 16th hole at Fox Ridge Golf Club on Aug. 25.
Bourget, who was playing with Chris Cloutier, Matt Ouellette and Shawn McCormick, used a 5-iron.