Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Pirates go out with a whimper
Portland loses 5-4 to finish with an 11-game winless streak.
- Pirates lose for ninth straight time
In its final game at Lewiston this season, Portland loses to Albany in a shootout, 3-2.
- Pirates season finale moved from Lewiston to Saco
After a scheduling standoff with the Kora Shrine Circus, the team opts to play it out at the 400-seat MHG Ice Centre in Saco.
- Trotz out as coach of Predators
Former Portland Pirates coach Barry Trotz is out after 15 seasons in Nashville.
- Pirates lose to Norfolk in shootout
Portland forces overtime with a goal in the closing seconds but still suffers its eighth straight loss.
- Pirates go down, but with a fight
Manchester blanks Portland in a feisty AHL game.
- Falcons continue dominance of Pirates
Springfield takes a 5-2 decision as the AHL season winds down.
- Possible Pacific Division of AHL doesn’t bother Pirates
Portland’s affiliation agreement with Phoenix runs two more years.
- Pirates lose to Monarchs again
Manchester wins 5-0 to improve to 8-3 against Portland this season.
- Pirates lose fourth in a row
Portland drops into last place in the AHL after a 7-2 defeat at Providence.
- Another untimely collapse for Portland Pirates
Portland loses a late two-goal lead and then the game in OT.
- Arrgh times in Lewiston for the Portland Pirates
On and off the ice, the team seemed lost in 2013-14.
- Bears edge Pirates 3-2
Hershey climbs into the AHL East’s final playoff spot with a win at the Colisee.
- Portland Pirates fall short in 3-2 loss to Worcester
The Sharks are 8-4 against the Pirates this season.
- Pirates beat Monarchs, retain slim playoff hopes
But all Norfolk needs is one standings point to eliminate Portland.
- AHL: Pirates can’t complete comeback
Portland nearly erases a four-goal deficit but loses to Providence, 6-5.
- Pirates fall to Worcester, 5-3
Former Maine coach Roy Sommer of the Worcester Sharks sets an AHL record by coaching his 1,275th game.
- Pirates sound against Tigers
Portland prevails in a clash of struggling AHL teams.
- Old Pirate woes revived in Newfoundland
Portland loses two out of three to the IceCaps.
- Pirates hold off IceCaps
Portland loses most of a four-goal lead before winning, 7-4.
Check the player's stats, bios and background:
Meet the Pirates