- Pirates' growing pains include playoff loss
But just by making the postseason, the Pirates may have exceeded expectations.
- For Pirates, no sweeping away the desire to improve
The players look to the future as they clean out their cubicles and have their exit interviews.
- Just like that, Pirates are done
Portland is swept from the playoffs, allowing two late goals in the third period and the Syracuse winner late in overtime.
- Pirates get players back in a win-or-else situation
Lose and the season is over after the Syracuse Crunch opened the best-of-five Calder Cup series last weekend by winning twice at home.
- Pirates Notebook: Zettler good in a Crunch
- Pirates stumble in OT
Portland wastes a pair of two-goal leads and drops its playoff opener against Syracuse, 4-3.
- Pirates Notebook: Mikkelson looks back on Pirates
- Crunch time for Pirates
Portland opens the playoffs against a foe stocked with players from last year's AHL champs.
- Pirates get up front with Louis
With the AHL playoffs pending, as the former defenseman moves forward, so may Portland.
- Pirates have sources
Brandon McMillan and Troy Bodie played against the Crunch this year and will provide information.
- Pirates drop finale, learn playoff foe
Portland finishes sixth in the East after a 4-1 loss at Bridgeport and will face Syracuse in the opening round.
- Pirates' Lane doesn't miss trick
The rookie has his first three-goal game and the Pirates look ready for the postseason.
- Pirates earn points for persistence
Portland pushes its way into the postseason with its fifth win in five games against Bridgeport.
- Pirates have a big point to make
With the postseason pending, Portland wants to use its last three games to build momentum.
- Pirates sign five-year deal to stay in Portland
The Cumberland County Civic Center is in the midst of a $34 million renovation.
- Pirates near playoff berth
Portland caps a remarkable comeback with an overtime goal to beat Bridgeport, and can clinch a spot Friday.
- Pirates' slide runs to four
Joey Crabb has a hat trick and Hershey scores five power-play goals in a 6-3 win at Portland.
- Despite call-ups by Coyotes, Pirates still control own fate
With four players now in Phoenix, a revamped Portland team is still in the mix for the AHL playoffs.
- lceCaps stop Pirates cold
Last-place St. John's sweeps a two-game series, and Portland's loss enables Providence to clinch the division title.
- Pirates fall to IceCaps
David Rundbland's power-play goal brought Portland to within one with 2:38 left to play. But that was as close as the Pirates got.
Check the player's stats, bios and background:
Meet the Pirates