Gorham Town Clerk information

The services performed in the Gorham Town Clerk’s office are the excising and registering of motor vehicles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and boats; collection of property, and personal taxes; collection of sewer user fees; issuing of hunting and fishing licenses, the issuing of dog licenses; maintenance of all vital records of the town by registering, filing and providing copies; the administration of elections; voter registration and maintenance of the voting list; custodian for all official town records; clerk to the council; issuance of most licenses issued by the town; the sale of cemetery lots, as well as the maintenance of a file of burials for the town; input and maintain a records management system for scanning storage and retrieval of town records; administration of the records retention center, including records destruction; notary services; dedimus justice services; laminating services; as well as supplying the citizens with copies of public records and ordinances.

Gorham Tax information

Gorham property taxes are due in two installments. Taxes are due in May and November. Residents can pay by cash, check or by debit card in person at Town Hall.

For marriage licenses, anyone wishing to be married in Maine must apply for a marriage license from the Town Clerk’s office.

Maine residents intending to be married shall record notice of their intentions in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which at least one of them resides.

If both parties reside outside Maine, they may file their intentions in any municipal office. Intention forms are open to the public.

Once intentions have been properly filed, a marriage license may be issued immediately. The marriage license is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, and the parties are free to marry anywhere within the Maine.

For persons previously married, a certified copy of the most recent divorce decree or death certificate of the former spouse will be needed at the time the application is filed. The license fee is $30.

Following the ceremony, the license is permanently filed with the Town Clerk’s office that issued the license and the state. Certified copies can be obtained for a fee of $7 for the first copy and $3 for each additional copy.

For more information, call the Gorham Town Clerk’s office at 839-5037.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.