AUGUSTA — Central Maine Power’s residential customers will soon be paying more.

The Maine Public Utilities Commission has approved new rates for CMP’s electric distribution services effective July 1.

Delivery rates will increase about 2.5 percent for residential customers.

Transmission and distribution rates typically account for about 40 percent of customers’ power bills. Electricity supply costs account for the other 60 percent. The supply service cost will remain unchanged.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.