GORHAM — Two people had to be taken to the hospital tonight after their deck collapsed.

Gorham Fire Chief Robert Lefebvre said a man and a woman – their names were unavailable – had just set up a grill to cook their dinner when the secon-floor deck collapsed.

The victims, who are renting a home at 10 Hawkes Way, were injured and taken by ambulance to Maine Medical Center with what are believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.

“I really couldn’t see anything that stood out (as a cause),” Lefebvre said. “I plan to get together with the code enforcement officer tomorrow and try to figure out what happened.”

The collapse was reported around 6 p.m.