YORK — Fire officials say a butane cooker exploded at a butcher shop in York, leaving three people with second-degree burns.

Fire Chief Chris Balentine says a vendor was cooking when the burner ignited, creating a fireball at about 4 p.m. Saturday at The Meat House.

Balentine says the vendor and two patrons were burned. York Hospital spokeswoman Dawn Fernald said this morning that they were treated there and released.

The state fire marshal’s office and the Department of Agriculture are investigating the explosion.