YARMOUTH – Devin Simsarian and Tess Merrill scored midway through the second half to lift Yarmouth to a 3-2 win over Falmouth in a Western Maine Conference girls’ soccer game Saturday.

Jess DiPhilippo put Falmouth (3-1) ahead two minutes into the match, but Courtney Barker scored off a corner kick to tie the game before halftime.

Simsarian broke the deadlock with 20 minutes left, and Merrill’s goal put Yarmouth (3-0) ahead 3-1. Sarah Hogan answered for Falmouth with 10 minutes remaining.

OLD ORCHARD BEACH 4, NYA 1: Amy Twohig scored a pair of goals as the Seagulls (1-2) beat the Panthers (1-2) at home.

Olivia Dubois and Kelsey Koenigs also scored for Old Orchard, and Gillian Foss made 16 saves.

Lily Wellenbach got the only goal for NYA.

POLAND 3, GRAY-NEW GLOUCESTER 2: Molly Rand and Emma Turton scored in the final 16 minutes to lift the Knights (2-2) over the visiting Patriots (0-2).

Julia Ritter of Gray-New Gloucester and Emily Bolduc of Poland traded first-half goals. Hayley Cote put the Patriots back on top 23 seconds into the second half.

WELLS 4, FREEPORT 2: Katie Poulin and Ashley Richardson scored two goals apiece to lead the Falcons (3-1) over the Warriors (0-3) at Freeport.

Wells took a 2-1 lead on goals by Hannah Wolterbeek and Sophie Lamb. Poulin tied it with a penalty kick in the second half, and Richardson put the Falcons ahead with 15:35 remaining.

MCAULEY 1, MASSABESIC 0: Emily Verhoven scored on a direct kick midway through the second half and Molly Miller made eight saves as the Lions (3-0) edged the Mustangs (0-3) at Waterboro.

KENNEBUNK 4, BIDDEFORD 1: Nikki Gassman and Alex Leonardi each scored a pair of goals as the Rams (2-1) beat the Tigers (1-2) at Kennebunk.

Shayna Montpass scored for Biddeford.

GORHAM 7, WESTBROOK 1: Kiersten Turner scored three goals as the Rams (2-1) pulled away from the Blue Blazes (1-2) at Gorham.

BRUNSWICK 10, LEWISTON 0: Allie Walton scored five goals, and Dakota Foster had two goals and two assists for the Dragons at Lewiston.

ERSKINE ACADEMY 3, MORSE 2: Erskine had three second-half goals to overcome a 2-0 halftime deficit at Bath.


YORK 4, CAPE ELIZABETH 0: Becca Sarson scored twice as the Wildcats (4-0) rolled past the Capers (3-1) at Cape Elizabeth.

Katie Keenan and Sarson notched first-half goals. Cari Posternak and Sarson added goals in the final 10 minutes.

FALMOUTH 3, YARMOUTH 1: Stephanie Gramse scored twice for Falmouth (1-3) in a win over the Clippers (0-4) at Yarmouth.

Courtney Proctor also scored for the Yachtsmen. Catie O’Toole scored for Yarmouth with 1:16 left.

GREELY 4, FRYEBURG ACADEMY 0: CeCi Hodgkins scored two goals in the first half as the Rangers (3-0) cruised past the Raiders (1-2) at Cumberland.

Rachel Hanson and Eliza Porter also scored, and Hannah McCord made seven saves.

LAKE REGION 4, GRAY-NEW GLOUCESTER 0: Kristina Morton scored twice to pace the Lakers (2-1) past the Patriots (1-3) at Naples.

WELLS 5, OLD ORCHARD BEACH 0: Kaylar Masellas had a goal and three assists, and Ashley Mulkern added two goals as the Warriors (2-2) handled the Seagulls (1-3) at Old Orchard Beach.

Taylor McMillan and Tanner Hogan also scored.

SACOPEE VALLEY 3, FREEPORT 0: Ally Allard notched a pair of goals as the Hawks blanked the Falcons at Freeport.

Chelsey Burnell also scored, and Justine Ruhlin had two assists.

NYA 11, POLAND 0: Kate Millett scored four goals, and Kylie Dalbec had two goals and two assists to pace the Panthers (4-0) at Poland (0-3).

WAYNFLETE 2, TRAIP ACADEMY 1: Alida Farrell scored with three minutes left in overtime to lift the Flyers (1-1) over the Rangers (1-3) at South Hiram.

Roz Gray-Bauer also scored for Waynflete, and Lindsey Simicki assisted on both goals.

MARSHWOOD 2, DEERING 1: Ashley Tice scored off a penalty corner with five minutes remaining to lift the Hawks (2-1) over the Rams (0-3) at Portland.

BANGOR 2, MT. ARARAT 1: Victoria Grubb scored with 1:08 remaining to give the Rams (1-2) a win over the Eagles (2-2) at Topsham.

Caitlin LaFountain scored for Mt. Ararat.

NOKOMIS 1, BELFAST 0: Marissa Shaw scored from Katie Chase off a penalty corner with 2:40 remaining to lift the Warriors (2-1) over the Lions (1-2) at Belfast.