BRUNSWICK – Matt Kasabian scored three goals and assisted on another, and Will Bann added a pair of assists to lead third-ranked Brunswick past sixth-seeded Mt. Blue 6-0 in an Eastern Class A boys’ soccer quarterfinal Thursday.

The game was postponed from Wednesday because of heavy rain, and players and fans were rewarded with a picture-perfect fall afternoon.

The Dragons (12-3) took control with two first-half goals just over a minute apart, then put it away with three goals in a 4:24 span of the second half.

Brunswick’s first two goals came off start-up plays. Kasabian took a throw-in deep on the right side and sent it through the crease, where it was untouched until Mitchell Black, alone at the far side, collected it for an easy tuck inside the post at 12:07.

“It’s always good to get an early goal,” said Black. “We didn’t know how good Mt. Blue was, but we’ve always had lots of opportunities this year and today we capitalized on them.”

Kasabian made it 2-0 on a well-executed play. Kyle Webb sent a free kick down the right side, where Garrett Brann carried almost to the goal line before crossing to Beau Gaughran deep on the left.

Gaughran pushed it back toward Kasabian, and he drilled it inside the left post at 13:23.

“Those goals were very important,” Brunswick Coach Peter Gardner said. “You need to believe in yourself and do what you’re supposed to do.

“They put some nice balls in there and they did a nice job of finishing.”

Steven Yardley nearly put the Cougars (7-5-3) right back in it with a blast from 25 yards with five minutes left in the half, but Seth Holmblad made a terrific diving save at the left post.

Kasabian notched his second goal 12 minutes into the second half with a nifty waist-high redirection of a Bann corner kick from the 18, and Rodrigo Cepeda made it 4-0 by taking a pass from Bann, fighting through two defenders in the box and scoring from in close.

Kasabian completed his hat trick with 23:52 left when a Bann free kick was deflected to him, and he converted.

It was Kasabian’s first three-goal game of the year. “I don’t usually score the goals,” he said, “but we were able to capitalize on our opportunities today. We were communicating and connecting real well out there.”

Chris Bruno closed out the scoring in the final minute from Michael Legere.

“We’ve been playing since Aug. 17,” Gardner said, “and they’re learning how to have fun and just play the game. I think they like each other.”

“They did a nice job taking advantage of their opportunities,” Mt. Blue Coach Joel Smith said. “Obviously we’re disappointed in how the season ended, but I’m real happy with what we accomplished this year. We were picked to finish near the bottom of the standings and to be honest, exceeded my expectations.”