FALMOUTH — Phil Frost scored three goals in the first half, then Bangor High’s defense held on in the end, as the Rams won the Class A state boys’ soccer championship today, beating Portland 3-2 at Falmouth Stadium.

All the scoring was done in the wild first half, as Frost scored, then Portland’s Tim Rovnak scored two goals in 41 seconds.

But Frost got his second goal of the game with 12:37 left, then scored on a direct kick with 10:24 left in the half to make it 3-2.

Portland pressed throughout the second half, and had several great opportunities in the final minutes, but could not get the equalizer.

In winning its second state title, Bangor finished 17-0-1 while Portland ended at 15-2-1.

CLASS B: Five players scored this morning as the Yarmouth boys’ soccer team won the Class B state championship, winning 5-0 over Ellsworth.

Both teams went into the match at Falmouth High School undefeated, but the Yarmouth team’s fast pace and superb skill proved too much, said 37-year Ellsworth Coach Brian Higgins.

“They work for their opportunities. When you’re in the penalty box all day long, the breaks are going to go your way. They work hard. They’re a great team,” Higgins said.

It was Yarmouth’s fourth state title in the past seven years.

CLASS C: Fort Kent forward Thomas Levesque sent in a long-range goal at 22:51 of the second half to give Fort Kent a 2-1 win over North Yarmouth Academy, winning the boys’ state Class C soccer championship this morning at Hampden.

This was the Warriors’ second straight trip to the title game. They lost to St. Dom’s last year.

Fort Kent (14-1-3) scored the game’s first goal with 37 seconds left in the first half on a score by Jared Soucy.

NYA (10-6-1) did not take long to answer, scoring 56 seconds into the second half. Matthew Kibler headed in a corner kick from Ryan Rousseau.

CLASS D: Bradley Wilcox and Rem Poulin each scored a pair of goals Saturday to lead Bangor Christian to a 5-2 victory against Richmond and its second consecutive Class D boys’ soccer state championship.

Richmond took a 1-0 lead in the first half on a goal from freshman Nate Tribbett, but the Patriots tied the score on a fine individual effort from Wilcox with 43 seconds left in the half.

Bangor Christian (16-1-1) took the lead for good seven minutes into the second half when Poulin’s corner kick deflected into the goal off a Richmond defender.