BOWDOIN — A Bowdoin family lost everything today when a fire swept through their mobile home at 107 Roberts Road.

Bowdoin’s Fire Chief Tom Garrepy said a mother and her son, whose names were not available, escaped after they smelled smoke. The fire destroyed their home and belongings.

When firefighters arrived, flames were shooting out the windows of the mobile home, the fire chief said. Two firefighters were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.

Garrepy said the woman and her son were expected to spend the night with relatives. The cause of the fire, which was reported at 2:53 p.m. today, remains under investigation by the state Fire Marshal’s Office.

Firefighters from Lisbon, Richmond, Bowdoinham and Topsham assisted Bowdoin with the fire.