YARMOUTH – Katherine Millett scored in the third round of penalty corners Saturday as second-seeded North Yarmouth Academy defeated No. 3 Lisbon 1-0 in a Western Class C field hockey semifinal.

After neither team scored through 60 minutes of regulation and two 8-minute sudden-death overtimes, the Panthers (12-4) won a coin toss and went on offense first in the opening round of penalty corners.

The only shot recorded in the first two rounds came on NYA’s first possession, with Lisbon goalie Devon Brewer stopping a bid by Kayla Ross.

Millett took the third corner from the left side and, after a defensive infraction gave the Panthers a second attempt from the right, the Lisbon defense gained momentary control of the ball and tried to clear it.

Bailey Clock intercepted the attempt from in front of the crease and passed it back to Jen Brown in the middle of the circle. Brown ripped a knee-high shot on goal and Millett was there to deflect it home and send the Panthers into the regional final after the Greyhounds failed on their third possession.

“I anticipated where she was going with the ball and kept my stick on the ground,” Clock said. “I saw Jen and just tried to keep the ball down when I passed it to her.”

Brown got off a strong shot, and Millett had moved into the right place for the redirection.

“I don’t know what happened to the ball after I tipped it,” Millett said.

“We practiced our corners a lot this week and we were able to try a number of different things, and that meant our defense also had a lot of practice against our offense. We didn’t want it to get to this point, but when it did, we were prepared both ways.”

“We knew how tough Lisbon was,” said Brown, “and we wanted to set a tone early, and I think we did that. And at the end, I felt we still had plenty of endurance for the overtimes.”

Defense dominated in regulation, with NYA holding a 4-0 advantage in shots in the first half.

Millett hit the side of the net after a long carry six minutes into the second half, and the Greyhounds (12-3-1) came on in the last 15 minutes but didn’t record their first shot until Elizabeth Coughlin blocked a late bid by Jessica Campbell.

“Our defense is the youngest part of our team, with a lot of freshmen,” said Millett, “and they did a great job of stepping up against a very skilled offense.”

Olivia Madore had an excellent chance to win it for the Greyhounds early in the first overtime, breaking in alone on goal, but Brewer came up with a point-blank save.