WATERVILLE Despite police’s use of cadaver dogs Thursday, authorities implied they still had hope of finding 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds alive.

“This is still a missing child case,” said Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey at a 2 p.m. press conference.

Investigators on Thursday put up tape around the home of Ayla, who’s been missing since last weekend as the search for her entered its sixth day.

Assistant Attorney General Bill Stokes and the Maine State Police mobile unit were at Ayla’s home in Waterville, while cadaver dogs were searching an area in the woods near the Waterville airport.

Stokes is one of the state’s top homicide prosecutors, according to the Associated Press.

Massey said the search, which included the FBI, had included dogs, planes and boats, and police would continue to search waterways and ponds, he said.

He also said, however, the number of officers and searchers assigned to the case had been reduced from the 80 officers who were involved on Wednesday. He didn’t give a specific number.

On Thursday, police said they have received more than 200 tips from the public. At the press conference, Massey said they’re investigating every one.

Ayla was reported missing last Saturday morning by her father, Justin DiPietro, who said he put her to bed the previous night. DiPietro had custody of the child and lives in a small home in the central Maine city of Waterville.

Dipietro said she was wearing green pajamas with polka dots and the words “Daddy’s Princess” on them. She also had a cast on her broken left arm.

DiPietro lives separately from Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, who has been staying in South Portland.

“Family members are cooperating. We’re very pleased with that,” Massey said at the press conference.

Police have not issued any search warrants. DiPietro gave permission for the police to search the house, Massey said. He said the house is the focus on the investigation.

“That is the last place Ayla was seen. So as you might, expect we’re going to give a lot of attention to that particular house, looking for any clues where she might be or where it would help us to locate her,” Massey said

At the press conference, Massey was also asked whether he believed Reynolds was still alive.

“I’m not going to speculate,” he said.