In a girls soccer game of two separate halves, Jocelyn Davee of Freeport High School had the final say.

Davee converted an Amanda Miles feed with 3:50 left in the second overtime to lift the Falcons past visiting Gray-New Gloucester in Western Maine Conference play on Thursday.

Freeport simply dominated the first half, but the Patriots came back strong over the second 40 minutes, led by Taylor Darnell, Caitlin Holmquist and Alex Moeller.

In the first 40 minutes, Freeport hit the crossbar and a post as Alyssa Richardson, Julia Smith, Ashley Richardson, Macy Stowell and Lauren Cormier put pressure on the G-NG defense and goaltender Sam Wilkins (eight stops).

Save but a couple of forays by Gray- New Gloucesters’s Julia Martel over on the left wing, the Patriots were basically on their heels throughout the first half.

Freeport goaltender Aubrey Pennell did make a nice leaping save in traffic with 15 minutes left and Wilkins came up big with Maddie Squibb pressuring.

A direct kick from about 30 yards from Davee settled in the box and bounced around before being momentarily cleared.

The ball came back in and bounced around again before Alyssa Richardson one-timed it in with 8:23 left.

Freeport’s other good chance came on a direct kick by Davee from 25 yards out and G-NG’s Moeller was high over the crossbar from 10 yards out after a feed from Sarah Giggey.

Freeport outshot the Patriots 10-5 in the first period, but in the second half the visitors came alive and it was their turn to apply some pressure on Pennell and defenders Helen Humphrey, Hannah Chase, Brooke Heathco and Emily Johnson, et al.

Three minutes in Darnell converted a Moeller cross from over on the right flank and two minutes later Darnell had one boot sail over the crossbar. Midway through the half, a Giggey corner kick settled near the goal line and was booted away by Pennell (four saves), just inches from a score.

Freeport improved to 3-1 and is scheduled to host Waynflete on Saturday (11 a.m.).

Comments are not available on this story.