TEHRAN, Iran – Iran is planning to sue Hollywood over the Oscar-winning “Argo” because of the movie’s allegedly “unrealistic portrayal” of the country, Iranian media reported Tuesday.

Several news outlets, including the pro-reform Shargh daily, said French lawyer Isabelle Coutant-Peyre is in Iran for talks with officials over how and where to file the lawsuit. She is also the lawyer for notorious Venezuelan-born terrorist Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, known as Carlos the Jackal.

Following the 1979 attack on the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days, but six embassy staffers were sheltered by the Canadian ambassador. Their escape, using a fake movie as a cover story, is recounted in “Argo.”

After its Oscar win in February, Iranian officials dismissed “Argo” as pro-CIA, anti-Iran propaganda.The lawyer told the semi-official Mehr news agency that she will start a campaign to show that “Argo” is a lie, while pressing to stop distribution of the movie.

“We will be able to block distributors of the movie, force them to apologize and challenge them to confess that the movie is nothing but a sheer lie,” the lawyer said.

Though the movie isn’t showing in any Iranian theaters, many Iranians have seen it on bootleg DVDs and it set off a spirited debate that exposed a generational divide. Iranians who took part in the 1979 Islamic Revolution picked apart the portrayals of Tehran at the time, but those too young to recall the events were eager for a different view on what had happened.

The decision on the lawsuit came after a group of Iranian cultural officials and movie critics screened the film for an audience in a Tehran theater late Monday. The gathering, titled “The Hoax of Hollywood,” discussed various legal aspects of filing a lawsuit, media reports said, without providing details.

Those at the meeting dismissed “Argo” as a “violation of international cultural norms.”

A statement issued after the gathering said that “awarding an anti-Iran movie is a propaganda attack against our nation and entire humanity.”

The statement did not clarify how the movie was allegedly unrealistic, but officials have accused “Argo” of depicting Iranians as “too violent.”

Queen cancels events as she recovers

LONDON – Royal officials say Queen Elizabeth II is canceling engagements following her recent illness.

The 86-year-old monarch is recovering from a stomach bug she suffered last week. The illness led to a brief hospitalization, her first in a decade.

Officials say the monarch presented a poetry award on Tuesday, and will “continue with the usual rhythm of business at Buckingham Palace.”

But she is canceling two events on Wednesday and Thursday.

They say the queen hopes to resume engagements next week.

The queen had to cancel a visit to Rome last week because she suffered from gastroenteritis.

Beach bar no longer Sammy’s

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – He can’t drive 55, and he can’t reach a deal to rebuild a beach bar damaged by Hurricane Sandy, either.

Rocker Sammy Hagar won’t be back in Atlantic City this summer. He failed to reach a deal with the casino company that owns a bar that was known as Sammy’s Beach Bar.

The former Van Halen singer says on his website he couldn’t agree with Caesars Entertainment on a deal to operate the bar this summer. Hagar says he’s looking for a new partnership in the region.

A Caesars spokeswoman says the bar will be repaired and open by May under the name Bally’s Beach Bar. She says the disagreement with Hagar was purely financial.

Hagar now fronts the band Chickenfoot.