WOODSTOCK, Conn. — The Hyde School football team traveled south to take on sister school Woodstock in the annual rivalry for the President’s Cup on Saturday.

The visiting Phoenix fell, 26-14.

Each team had sustained first-quarter drives only to be thwarted by the opposing defenses and the first 12 minutes of play ended 0-0.

Woodstock opened the second period on a continuation of a drive and found its footing in running back Kyle Jordan (19 carries for 159 yards), with Jordan scoring with 9:48 left to put the Wolfpack up, 6-0.

Hyde-Bath linebacker Jack Howarth caught the ensuing kickoff and rumbled 74 yards to the Pack-6. Two plays later, Sean Smerczynski punched it in and converted the 2-pointer for an 8-6 Phoenix lead.

Just 2:30 later, Pack receiver Kenny Grant caught a 29- yard touchdown pass from Harrison Smith to put the hosts back on top, 12-8.

Bath’s next drive stalled near midfield and the visitors punted away. On the Pack’s first play, Phoenix defender Caleb Jones recovered a fumble.

Twenty-five yards later Jared Jensen of Brunswick (12 carries for 46 yards, five tackles) found Chris Collins (two catches for 49 yards with five tackles and three sacks) in the endzone with 21 seconds remaining in the first half for a 14-12 advantage.

Woodstock took the second half kickoff to its 25 and Kyle Jordan covered the 75 yards in two running plays along the sideline for a score, 2-point conversion, and 20-14 lead.

Again, both defenses stiffened and offenses traded possessions.

Hyde-Bath’s Sam Zanta held tough with three tackles and three sacks, while Zach Messina added three tackles and a sack.

Pack cornerback Parker Roma intercepted a pass at the 3:28 mark. Two minutes later Casey Maccubbin, returning from injury with three tackles, had an interception at the 1:26 mark of the third to thwart a Pack drive.

With 2:53 remaining, Bath took possession after a goalline stance, stopping a fourth-and-15 on its own 15. On the next play, Sean Sullins intercepted an errant Phoenix pass for a pick-six to put the Pack out in front, 26-14.

Bath drove in the closing seconds, but was again halted by an interception and the Pack ended the game by taking a knee at their 23.