SANFORD — An 11-year-old boy was taken into custody and charged with making a false public report or alarm after police were sent to lower Main Street last week looking for a robbery victim who had allegedly been stabbed.

There was no robbery victim to be found in the alleged incident that was reported on Sunday at about 10:15 a.m., said Deputy Police Chief Tim Strout. The caller at that time told police a robbery victim had been hurt somewhere in the vicinity of Burger King, which turned out to be unfounded.

A similar unfounded incident had been reported elsewhere in the city the previous day, said Strout.

The boy’s case will be processed through the juvenile system.



        filed under: