YARMOUTH — Yarmouth ended its three-year girls’ lacrosse drought against Waynflete in convincing fashion Wednesday.

The Clippers put in their first 10 shots to cruise to an 11-4 victory against the two-time defending Class B state champion in a Western Maine Conference game.

Yarmouth hadn’t beaten the Flyers since pulling out a 9-8 win in the 2011 Class B state final. The Clippers also snapped Waynflete’s 20-game win streak.

It had been the longest streak for any Maine high school lacrosse team, girls or boys.

Both coaches seemed to take the outcome in stride.

“It’s the beginning of the season so I wouldn’t say it’s a huge confidence-builder,” Yarmouth Coach Dorothy Holt said. “I think they finally know they can make it work. But they still have a lot to work on and they’re doing what we’re asking of them. They’re working really hard.”

“It’s the beginning of the season and it’s a sign of not being together over (the vacation) break, being young and just kind of having things to work on,” Waynflete Coach Cathie Connors said. “I’m good with it.”

The Flyers, who have won six consecutive regional titles, are missing seven players from a year ago, including the Maine Sunday Telegram athlete of the year, Martha Veroneau.

“It’s a different team,” Connors said. “It’s a new year and we’ve got a lot of different things to work on, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Grace O’Donnell led Yarmouth (1-1) with four goals and two assists. Lane Simarian followed with two goals. Shannon Fallon had two goals and an assist. Molly Maguire had four assists. Emma Torres and Lilly Watson each had a goal. Caitlin Teare had an assist.

For Waynflete, Cat Johnson scored two goals and had two assists. Leigh Fernandez and Christian Rowe each scored a goal.

The Clippers held a 7-1 lead at the end of a first half that was closer than the score indicated.

Sarah Kirk, a sophomore goalie making only her second varsity start, made five of her six saves during the first 25 minutes.

“Our goalie made some saves, which were kind of game-changers in the first half. She had to make some big saves and she did,” Holt said. “She’s kind of new to our team and she really stood her ground in there, and the defense really worked hard.”

The Clippers moved into a 10-1 lead less than six minutes into the second half.

The game reverted to running time for about 2½ minutes when Lilly Watson converted a feed from O’Donnell to send the Clippers into an 11-1 lead with 8:25 left.

In girls’ lacrosse, running time is kept when a team has a 10-goal lead.

The Flyers scored three goals during the final 5:51 of the game to complete the scoring.

“Games like this kind of expose all the things you need to work on,” Connors said. “I’m super excited about the season and (the loss) is fine.”