CUMBERLAND — Fifth-seeded Westbrook took advantage of three second-quarter turnovers to knock off No. 4 Greely 28-15 in a Western Class B football quarterfinal Friday night at Hutchins Field.

The victory sends the Blues Blazes (4-5) to the regional semifinals against unbeaten and top-seeded Marshwood.

It also was a complete turnaround from Westbrook’s regular-season game against the Rangers (4-5). On Sept. 26, Greely ran away with a 31-6 win, also on its home field.

“(Westbrook) came out ready to play and we didn’t,” Greely Coach David Higgins said. “We had some turnovers and they capitalized on them. We had some opportunities and we couldn’t capitalize on them.”

Despite its sub-.500 record, the Blue Blazes finished the regular season with back-to-back victories.

“In the last three or four weeks, we’ve really improved a lot,” Westbrook Coach Jeff Guerette said. “We’ve eliminated the big mistake, and I think we’re getting more physical as the season’s gone along.”

Maurice Johnson scored the first of his three touchdowns less than three minutes into the second quarter when his 4-yard run capped a 13-play, 56-yard drive. It came after Nemieceo Loureiro intercepted a pass at his own 30-yard line. The Blazes converted three fourth-down plays to keep the drive alive.

A little more than a minute later, Westbrook recovered a Greely fumble, and Johnson scampered 73 yards down the right sideline on the next play.

With 4.7 seconds left in the first half, Johnson scored on a 9-yard run, three plays after Jared Clark picked off a pass at the Greely 16.

Westbrook played most of the second half without Johnson, who left the game because of an undisclosed injury after the second play of the second half. He rushed for 134 yards on 19 carries.

Greely scored on their first possession of the second half to make it 20-7. With four minutes left in the third quarter, Sam Peck went up the middle for the touchdown to cap a 6-play, 45-yard drive that started with a 36-yard punt return by Nick Dubois.

Westbrook responded with a 13-play, 67-yard scoring drive that was kept alive with yet another fourth-down conversion inside the Greely 10. Three plays later, Bailey Sawyer threw a 6-yard scoring pass to Bailey Ryan with 10 minutes left.

“The offensive line stepped up all night,” Guerette said. “I thought (the linemen) were tremendous. They don’t get a lot of credit most of the time, but I thought we won the battles along the line of scrimmage.”

Greely took advantage of a rare mistake by the Blazes to narrow their lead.

A poor snap on a punt attempt gave Greely the ball at the Westbrook 29 with eight minutes left. Peck, who rushed for 153 yards on 25 carries, eventually plunged in from the 1.