Karin Moller told a doctor she was planning to have police shoot her just minutes before provoking a fatal confrontation with officers, according to recently released records.

People who knew Moller said she had been under a great deal of stress. The reasons, according to one, included the recent diagnosis of her father as having Alzheimer’s disease.

Moller was killed Dec. 4 about a quarter mile from her home after she got out of her car and walked toward an officer with a handgun pointed at him. A York officer and a South Berwick officer were both involved in the shooting.

Like all uses of deadly force by police, the case is under investigation by the Attorney General’s Office to determine whether the shooting was justified.

Police said Moller had been on the telephone with a medical facility for about a half hour before the fatal confrontation, telling staffers there that she was suicidal.

A radio dispatch log released by the York Police Department includes a four-page summary of the radio traffic related to the call for service to the house at 130 Ogunquit Road in York where Moller lived with her father. The log reflects information the dispatchers were trying to relay to officers.

The log notes that emergency dispatchers received a 911 call at 11:49 a.m. reporting a suicidal woman. The caller said the woman, who turned out to be Moller, was telling a doctor over the telephone that she had a loaded gun to her head “and will shoot anyone that arrives to try and bring her to the (hospital),” the log says.

The caller noted that Moller had been an unstable patient in the past.

Three minutes later, Moller told the doctor that she would wait on the porch in hopes that police would kill her when they arrived, according to the log, which was released Monday.

Moller had been in routine contact with a psychiatrist but her regular doctor was not working that week – something that caused her to go “into meltdown,” the caller said, according to the log.

“We were advised (Moller) is at bottom of the well, she just wants to be done,” the log says.

While police were taking up positions around the house, the doctor worked to keep Moller on the telephone and to calm her down.

Forty minutes after the initial report, police received a telephone call form Moller’s sister who said she received a text from Moller that she had a gun in her hand and “goodbye,” and that her sister believed Moller was serious, the log says.

A couple minutes later, the doctor reported that Moller was getting extremely tired and had been taking Valium and Xanax. Then Moller told the doctor that she had taken the bullets out of the gun, though the doctor couldn’t be sure she had.

Forty eight minutes after the initial call, Moller realized police were in the area. She got a burst of energy and hung up with the doctor, the log said.

That’s when she climbed into her Nissan Pathfinder and started to drive away. Police, intent on containing the threat to the public, had deployed a spike mat which deflated Moller’s tires as she tried to drive away.

Officers from South Berwick and York were behind her when she stopped and got out of the car.

Shortly afterward, according to the log, there was unclear radio traffic – “possibly don’t move.”

After Moller was shot, officers summoned a waiting ambulance and started providing first aid until rescue workers could arrive. She was pronounced dead at Portsmouth Regional Hospital.

It was a tragic end for someone who had been supportive to others over the years, said Susan Bennett-Goulet, who had known Moller in the 1980s and recently reconnected with her.

They met when Moller was publicity agent for the Ogunquit Playhouse and actor liaison for housing. Bennett-Goulet was 16 and had been hired by the Playhouse as an apprentice. When Bennett-Goulet was yearbook editor while a senior at York High School, Moller was the club’s adviser.

“Karin helped me through a very difficult transition,’ she said. “I was a senior in high school, but already becoming successful in my chosen career of technical theater.”

They reconnected in October on a social networking site.

“I wrote to her, ‘Mostly, I’ve thought over the years that I would have liked to tell you that you taught me to have confidence in myself. You were a great friend and mentor at a really crucial time and I thank you for being such a positive influence,’ ” Bennett-Goulet recounted in an email.

She said that on Oct. 24, she received the following message: “Thanks for your message. Difficult time now my Dad just got (diagnosed) with Alzheimer’s. Really exhausted tonight. Glad to hear you are happy. That’s all that counts in the end. Keep in touch.” Moller had cared for her mother in the period before her death in 2010.

Bennett-Goulet could relate. Her father had suffered with Alzheimer’s for six or seven years and her mother had gone through “a living hell” during that time, she said.

“I took the opportunity to let her know how much she meant to me, but she was definitely overwhelmed with her current situation,” Bennett-Goulet said.