The death of a Cape Elizabeth woman found inside her smoke-filled kitchen on Friday was from natural causes and was not related to a stove-top fire that broke out inside her condominium, the state Office of Chief Medical Examiner said Saturday.

State Fire Marshal’s Office investigators said Lamy Alkurdy, 65, died from a “medical event” before the items she was cooking on the stove caught fire.

Firefighters found Alkurdy dead in the kitchen of her home at 75 Starboard Drive on Friday afternoon after they were called there to put out a stove fire.

On Friday, Cape Elizabeth Fire/Rescue Chief Peter Gleeson said the fire was not very extensive and was quickly extinguished.

A neighbor described Alkurdy as a kind and happy woman who was always with her family.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.