LEWISTON — Just like last year’s playoff game, Cheverus took an lead against Noble/Wells. But this time the Stags held it, beating the Knights 6-1 Saturday night in a Western Class A boys’ hockey semifinal at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee.

Keegan Thomas scored a hat trick and Kyle Severance made 26 saves to lead the Stags. Alex Libby, Luke Trickey and Matt O’Leary also scored, and James Kane had two assists.

Second-seeded Cheverus (13-5-2) advances to the regional final for the first time since 2006. The Stags will play at 6 p.m. Tuesday against No. 4 Scarborough (12-5-3), which beat top-ranked Falmouth 5-4.

Last year, the Knights (16-4) knocked off Cheverus in the quarterfinals, erasing a deficit in the third period.

This time, the Stags kept coming with pressure, putting 38 shots on net. Wyatt Ricker (32 saves) kept the Knights in the game early.

At 9:36 of the first period, Jean-Claude Lemieux fed Thomas in the slot, and Thomas one-timed it for a 1-0 lead.

Almost three minutes later, Jesse Cyr-Brophy began a breakout with a pass to Thomas, who skated in and roofed it at 12:14.

Libby scored on a wrap-around for the only goal of the second period.

Trickey made it 4-0 with a power-play goal early in the third. Ryan Marsh got third-seeded Noble/Wells on the board with a wrist shot at 3:14, assisted by Noah Pease, but the Stags clinched it goals by O’Leary and Thomas.

LEWISTON 1, BANGOR 0: The second-seeded Blue Devils (14-5-1) got a power-play goal from Jeromey Rancourt in the second period and shut out the third-seeded Rams (13-7) in an Eastern Class A semifinal.

Lewiston, which beat the Rams for the third time this season, moves on to the regional final at 8 p.m. Tuesday against rival St. Dominic.

Lewiston goalie Jacob Strout finished with 24 saves. Rams goalie Derek Fournier made 31 saves.

ST. DOMINIC 4, EDWARD LITTLE 0: Brad Berube scored two goals to lead the top-seeded Saints (16-2-1) past the fifth-seeded Red Eddies (10-10).

Gavin Bates gave the Saints a first-period lead with a power-play goal at 12:52. Austin Roy and Berube scored in the second period, and Berube sealed added a power-play tally 50 seconds into the third.

Saints goalie Kyle Welsh made 24 saves.