DETROIT — Detroit’s police chief says neighborhood residents so far have been silent on what he says is a revenge shootout that killed a 19-year-old man and injured 11 others at a block party.

Standing on basketball courts where the shootings happened Saturday night, Chief James Craig said Sunday that officers are seeking two men believed to have exchanged gunfire with the victim, Malik Jones.

Craig calls the gunplay “urban terrorism” and says residents must overcome their fear and cooperate with investigators.

He says officers are knocking on doors around the neighborhood Sunday and says “somebody is going to talk.”

Craig says about 300 adults and children were at the party and that it’s fortunate no children got shot.

He says four women and seven men were wounded, none with life-threatening injuries.