FRYEBURG — Ryan Gullikson scored on a quarterback sneak with 23 seconds left to give fourth-seeded Fryeburg Academy a 36-29 win over No. 5 Spruce Mountain in a Class C South quarterfinal Saturday.

With his team trailing 29-28 after a 4-yard touchdown run by Spruce Mountain’s Dillon Webster with 4:37 remaining, Gullikson drove Fryeburg (6-3) the length of the field, keeping the drive alive with a fourth-down pass to Nick L’Heureux-Carland. The Raiders eventually reached the 2 with the help of a face-mask penalty, and Gullikson scored on second down after being stopped on first down.

The touchdown capped a wild fourth quarter that featured four lead changes.

A blocked punt set up a 6-yard TD run by Webster that gave Spruce Mountain (4-5) a 21-20 lead early in the fourth. Fryeburg answered quickly with a 26-yard touchdown pass to L’Heureux-Carland and a conversion pass to Cobey Johnson, but Spruce Mountain regained the lead when Webster scored his second touchdown and quarterback Caulin Parker ran in the conversion.

Fryeburg, which trailed 14-0 in the first half, advanced to a regional semifinal Friday night at top-seeded Yarmouth.

Ryan Gullikson started the comeback with a 2-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. Fryeburg tied the game on a 10-yard run by Cody Gullikson in the third quarter, and Ryan Gullikson connected with L’Heureux-Carland for a 41-yard TD pass that gave the Raiders their first lead, 20-14.

OAK HILL 48, TRAIP ACADEMY 6: Dalton Therrien passed for four touchdowns and rushed for two more as the top-seeded Raiders (8-0) rolled past the eighth-seeded Rangers (2-6) in a Class D South quarterfinal at Wales.

Therrien accounted for 271 total yards (153 passing, 118 rushing) despite attempting only eight passes and carrying the ball just four times.

Evan Pledger had a 74-yard touchdown run for Traip in the first quarter.

LISBON 33, BOOTHBAY REGION 8: Tyler Halls rushed for two touchdowns and passed for two scores – all in the first half – to lead the No. 3 Greyhounds (6-2) to a Class D South quarterfinal win over the No. 6 Seahawks (2-6) at Lisbon Falls.


YORK 3, CAPE ELIZABETH 2: Sierra Swasey converted a penalty kick with 1:41 remaining in the second overtime as the second-seeded Wildcats (10-3-3) outlasted the third-seeded Capers (11-5) in a Class B South semifinal at York.

York forced overtime when Madi Amidon scored off a feed from Morgan Smith with less than a minute remaining in regulation.

Mariah Deschino scored on a breakaway early in the second half to give Cape Elizabeth a 1-0 lead. Charlotte Riley tied it on an assist from Peyton Nickerson with 22:48 left in regulation, but Prezli Piscopo answered for the Capers just a minute later.

Kelsie Cole had six saves for York, while Tessa Goldstein stopped 14 shots for the Capers.

CAMDEN HILLS 3, MT. ARARAT 0: Charlotte Messer, Emma Gutheinz and Eliza Roy scored as the top-ranked Windjammers (15-0-1) cruised past the fifth-seeded Eagles (9-6-1) in a Class A North semifinal at Rockport.

Camden Hills will host the regional final against Bangor on Wednesday.

OCEANSIDE 6, GARDINER 0: The top-seeded Mariners (14-0-2) broke away from a scoreless tie with six goals in the second half, including three by Makenna Brooks, to beat the 12th-seeded Tigers in a Class B North semifinal at Rockland.

Gabby Straka, Lily McVetty and Abby Veilleux also scored for Oceanside, which will play No. 2 Hermon for the regional title on Wednesday.


MARANACOOK 3, GRAY-NEW GLOUCESTER 0: Kent Mohlar scored twice and assisted on the third goal, and the top-seeded Black Bears (16-0) extended their unbeaten streak to 52 games with a win over the fifth-seeded Patriots (10-6-1) in a Class B South semifinal at Readfield.