A vigil is planned Friday night for the couple from Augusta who were shot to death last week in neighboring Manchester.

The vigil for Bonnie Royer, 26, and her boyfriend, Eric Williams, 35, will be held at their home on Easy Street in Augusta from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, WCSH-TV reported.

“Bonnie is an amazing soul with such a big heart. She was always very down to earth and would do whatever she could to help others, even before herself,” Vicky Beloin, a friend who spoke on behalf of the Royer family, told WCSH.

The Maine State Police said they are making progress in their investigation into the killings.

Royer and Williams’ bodies were found early Christmas morning in Williams’ sport utility vehicle, just over the Augusta city line in Manchester. Autopsies showed that both died of gunshot wounds. No one had been arrested as of Monday.

Police responded to a 911 call from one of the victims around 3:30 a.m. Friday, according to state police spokesman Steve McCausland, who would not disclose what the caller told police.

Since then, McCausland said, detectives have interviewed friends and family members as police try to retrace the steps the couple made Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.

State police are still receiving tips, and evidence gathered from the crime scene is being analyzed at the state police crime lab in Augusta.

“We are making progress and have learned a lot more than we knew when we first got this case,” McCausland said Monday night.

Royer had been planning to attend the University of Maine at Augusta to prepare for a job in the medical field, possibly as a drug counselor, according to her family.

Royer’s father, Paul Mansir Jr. of Whitefield, could not be reached for comment Monday, but Mansir’s girlfriend, Beloin, created a fundraising campaign on social media to pay for Royer’s funeral expenses.

As of Monday evening, the gofundme website site had raised more than $1,200.

“The family was blindsided with the tragic news Christmas Day when we were told that Bonnie was gone. It was completely out of the blue, and unexpected,” Beloin wrote on the website. “We are all just trying to process what has happened. You can never really prepare when someone you love passes, but it’s even harder when it’s someone so young. She was full of life, and had such a kind, big heart. She loved her family very much.”

Royer’s grandfather, Paul Mansir Sr. of Pittston, said he will remember his granddaughter from time spent at his camp on Lake Cobbossee when she was a child, and the hikes they took in Camden Hills State Park.

“She was a good mother,” Mansir said. “I was hoping that she would be able to go to school to study, but it didn’t happen.”

Mansir said his family hopes the state police can find the killer or killers.

“We can’t bring her back, but we would like to know what happened,” Mansir said.