WINDHAM — A porch fire caused severe damage Thursday night to a two-story home at 18 Gambo Road, according to Fire Chief Brent Libby.

Firefighters responded to a call for service shortly before 8 p.m. and found a second-floor covered porch and part of the second floor in flames, Libby said.

The fire was out within 30 minutes with help or backup from Gorham, Raymond, Standish and Westbrook fire departments. Fire damage was contained to the second floor, porch and attic, with water and smoke damage throughout the house.

The fire was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials on the porch and has been ruled accidental, Libby said. No one was injured.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: