CAPE ELIZABETH — Cape Elizabeth had only run 12 offensive plays Friday night and already led 21-0.

And that was against the wind.

The unbeaten Capers dominated the first half and went on to a 40-6 rout of Poland in a Class C South quarterfinal at Hannaford Field.

The top-seeded Capers (9-0) advance to next weekend’s semifinals against No. 4 Spruce Mountain (6-3), which beat Freeport 20-14.

No. 8 Poland is done at 2-7.

Friday’s outcome was no surprise, considering the Capers beat Poland 42-0 during the regular season.

Cape Elizabeth scored on its first five possessions. Jeb Boeschenstein completed all eight of his passes for 208 yards and three touchdowns, two to Ben Ekedahl.

The Capers began the game going into a 25 mph wind. That didn’t stop them from passing. On their third play, Boeschenstein lofted a pass that Brett McAlister ran under, and he kept going for a 61-yard score. Marshall Peterson made the first of his five extra-point kicks.

Boeschenstein’s first four completions were all into the wind.

“We do it all the time in practice,” Boeschenstein said. “We’re prepared for all conditions. We came out and played our game.”

It was a short night for Boeschenstein and most of the Cape starters. After he found Ekedahl for a 1-yard touchdown with 7:31 left in the first half, he went to the bench with a 35-0 lead.

“He had a great week of practice,” Coach Aaron Filleo said of Boeschenstein. “I was surprised (at his success in the wind). He really cut through it.”

Ekedahl finished with five catches for 114 yards. Tailback Peyton Weatherbie carried only four times, but for 71 yards and a touchdown.

The Capers’ other touchdown was scored by lineman Nat Jordan. He lined up as a back on first-and goal at the 1 and burst through the line.

On defense, Jordan’s twin brother, Jacob, made some big hits. On Poland’s first play from scrimmage, he crashed through and made a tackle for a 2-yard loss.

The Knights’ first four possessions each resulted in three plays and a punt.

“They are so much more physical than us,” Poland Coach Gene Keene said. “We had a hard time making plays.”

Keene knew the matchup was going to be a challenge on both sides of the ball.

“I watched film all week and every time I watched them, I found something else they did well,” he said. “They’re loaded … I told our kids we need to strive to be that good.”

Poland got the ball to begin the second half but had to punt from its 26. The hike sailed high and into the end zone for a safety.

Peterson kicked a 30-yard field goal into the wind in the fourth quarter for a 40-0 lead.

On the Knights’ last drive, they finally got on the scoreboard. Fullback Tyler Tucci bulled in from the 9 with 25 seconds left.

The Capers will be heavily favored again next week. They beat Spruce Mountain 55-12 during the regular season.